Friday, October 10, 2008

Sleeping through the night

Since the day that we brought Lil' Ryan home he has been sleeping in the cradle that Grandpa Nelson made, but because he is fond of eating he has been getting bigger, now he doesn't fit in it any more. We didn't have his crib yet so we put him in the port-a-crib, that didn't last that long because he wasn't sleeping well at all. I would put him the bed one way and when I would go and check on him he would be turned all around. So on Tuesday we went with Grandma Reta and she bought a crib for him. When Big Ryan was putting it together Lil' Ryan was fussy, he didn't like that we weren't paying any attention to him, but when we were finished we put him in it to see if he would like it and he fell right asleep. That was the first time in a long time that he slept through the night, I didn't want to say anything because I thought that it was a one time thing, but since that night he has been sleeping every night since then. It is great I put him to bed at 8 o'clock and he doesn't get up until 5:30 in the morning. I know that sounds early but it's the time that Ryan gets up so we all get up together. I try each night to keep him up a little longer each night, but it doesn't work, sleep wins!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

YEAH!!!!!

Ashley & Kevin said...

Wow! I can relate to not fitting in the cradle anymore... Brok was 6wks & I had to pull out the pak n play with the bassinet thing... then he slept well when I turned on the vibrations! Hehehe...

Anna said...

That's great! I know how you feel, I'm still trying to get Maddi to sleep through the night or at least long enough for me to get some good sleep.

Celebrity Dog

What celebrity would your pet be? I'm Snoop Dogg! Find out at Dogster.comWhat celebrity would your pet be? I'm Gwen Stefani! Find out at Dogster.com

Music Player